The Kings Cross Bridge Project - The Handyside Bridge originally spanned platforms 1 to 8 at King's Cross. It was dismantled and removed in 2008 as part of the £516 million refurbishment of the station. Here at Ropley this Grade 1 listed structure provides a vital link in the Mid Hants Railway's new visitor route around the site. The bridge was manufactured by Andrew Handyside & Company in 1892 and erected by them at King's Cross Station in 1893. Andrew Handyside & Company was a famous part of Britain's Victorian industrial heritage. Operating from their Britannia Works in Derby, Handyside exported cast and wrought iron bridges, buildings, and decorative items all over the British Empire and beyond. The bridge deck is supported on decorative cast iron pillars whilst the bridge beams, tee stiffening, and lattice work of the deck are mainly of wrought iron riveted together. The decorative scroll panels on the stair cases are also cast iron. The separate sections of the bridge are bolted together. When the bridge was constructed it was normal practice for each component to be individually drilled and fitted in place. This has, however, made the reconstruction process a complicated procedure as each bridge part is now in effect a one off.